We’ll float your boat with a really cheap Quote!
Well presented information.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Really good quick quotes for my car insurance and very happy with the result, saved a fortune!
Heriot, United Kingdom
4.78/5 from 2276 customer reviews
Get a great insurance quote for Northern Ireland
Local Comparison site
One simple form
Safe and secure to use
Independent and unbiased service
Car Transportation Insurance NI
Whether you own a fleet of transporters or are working with a single vehicle, you will need car transportation insurance if you collect and transport vehicles as part of your motor trade business.
In this line of work, each job comes with its own set of risks that you need to be prepared for. Operating the transporter alone requires skill, and using it on public roads to move some very high value vehicles means you have a lot of responsibility.
Car transporter insurance can help safeguard you and your business against financial loss, accidents and claims from customers or the public. And with this specialised insurance, you can be sure that you will be protected from any hazards you face while transporting vehicles.
Cheap NI Car Transportation Insurance
When you’re buying any type of business insurance it’s understandable that you want to keep costs low. Comparing quotes from multiple insurers can help you find cheap NI car transportation insurance and help ensure that you’re not paying over the odds.
We are regulated by the FCA, do not have any investments in insurance brokers and are not owned by any insurance companies. So comparing with CompareNI.com guarantees that the prices and results you get are completely transparent and unbiased.
How much does car transportation insurance cost in Northern Ireland?
Car transportation insurance is a type of motor trade insurance that can be personalised to give the specific coverage you need for your business. This means that prices vary a lot across different companies. But you can get an idea of the costs for your business by looking at what insurers use to set your premiums.
Insurance costs can depend on:
- The services your business provides
- How many vehicles you are insuring
- The value of your vehicles
- How many employees you have
- Your employees’ driving history and age
- Your location
- The levels of coverage you want
- The insurer you choose
- Your claims history
How can I get cheaper NI car transportation insurance?
Combining different levels of coverage on one policy can help save you money on insurance premiums. And if you want to keep these savings going here are some things you can do to get potentially cheaper car transportation insurance:
- Know what level of coverage you want – you will have the choice between third party, third party fire and theft, or comprehensive insurance. Being aware of which level of coverage your business needs means you won’t overspend on excessive coverage.
- Choose your drivers carefully – Insuring drivers who have clean licences and are over the age of 25 can get you cheaper premiums as they will be considered a lower risk to insure.
- Proactively protect against claims – Again this lets insurers know that you are low risk. You can do this by improving the security of any vehicles, equipment, or tools you are insuring with things like CCTV or immobilizers.
- Build a no claims discount – Building a no claims history can save you money in the long run. And some insurers will even allow you to transfer your personal no claims history to your car transportation insurance policy.
- Pay your premium annually – Insurers usually offer discounts for this.
- Choose higher voluntary excess – This can get you cheaper insurance but it’s important that you are still willing and able to pay these in the event of a claim.
- Compare quotes from various insurers – Comparing quotes can ensure you are not paying over the odds for your NI vehicle transporter insurance.
Does the location of my business affect the cost of my car transportation insurance?
Yes, insurers typically look at the number of claims that similar businesses have made in your area. They will also consider the crime rates and road risk of the location where you carry out your business. This will indicate to them how likely you are to claim on your NI car transportation insurance and will affect your premium.
If you feel like the location of your business is going to seriously impact your insurance costs you can counter this using the steps listed above. For example, if there is a lot of vandalism in your area you can secure your premises and use deterrents like CCTV.
What does NI car transportation insurance cover?
NI car transportation insurance is a type of motor trade insurance that allows you to combine different coverage in one policy to best suit your business.
Some of the most common types of protection available on this insurance are:
- Road risk cover – This covers any vehicle that you need to drive on public roads to carry out your business.
- Goods in transit cover – Covers damage or loss that happens while you load and unload vehicles. It covers common risks including theft and damage from mishandling.
- Vehicle transportation liability insurance – This covers liability claims that come from accidents or damage that happen when you are transporting cars.
- Overseas insurance – This can give you cover outside of the UK in instances outlined by your car transportation insurance NI policy.
- Car storage insurance – Protects any vehicles that you store.
- Own goods insurance – Pays to replace equipment or tools that you use for your business so they can be replaced.
Can a price comparison site help me find cheaper NI car transportation insurance than a specialist broker can?
Whether you’ve been in the business for a while or you are shopping for the first time, no one is expecting you to be an insurance expert. Using a specialist broker is one option. But when you compare at CompareNI.com you get quick and accurate matches with a range of experienced insurers who are used to working with NI businesses. And you’ll also have more freedom to choose your final policy and price without any external pressure.