Find a specialist golf insurance provider that can provide you with a policy that best suits your needs.
Looking for cheap golf insurance quotes?
Whether you’re a seasoned golfer with a handcap of less than 10, or you’re relatively new to Northern Ireland’s golfing scene and have a World Handicap of 54, there’s always the risk that a spectator or another player might be injured on the golf course. If this happens and you’re held liable you could face a heft liability claim - which is where golf insurance comes in.
The best golf insurance policies help golfers offset the financial risk of a public liability claim, which they would otherwise have to cover out of their own pocket if they didn’t have insurance in place at the time of the incident.
Most golf insurance policies will also cover your golf equipment, and some policies will also cover some of the cost if a stray ball damages someone else’s property.
Does every golf insurance policy include public liability cover?
Yes, public liability cover is usually the key element of a golf insurance policy, and is designed to protect you from the risk of liability claims brought by members of the public or other players.
However, the amount of public liability cover you will get does vary from one insurance provider to the next, with some offering £1 million of cover while others might offer coverage as high as £5 million.
What other things can golf insurance cover me against?
While public liability cover will be the key element in your golf insurance policy, most policies will also include third party damage cover, which would cover you if you damage someone’s car, home or business premises while playing golf.
Beyond that, you will usually be offered the opportunity to add the following add-ons to your golf insurance:
- Golf equipment cover - This policy feature can help cover the cost if your golf equipment is stolen, lost or damaged. It can include coverage for your golf clubs, balls, club bag, clothing, golfing trolley, range finders and other golfing accessories.
- Hole-in-One cover - A policy feature that helps to cover the cost of the bar bill if you achieve a hole in one during a golf tournament.
Will my golf insurance policy cover me outside Northern Ireland?
Your golf insurance should cover you on any golf course in the UK, but some policies may also offer worldwide cover, either as standard or for a small additional fee.
However, it’s important to bear in mind that you’ll usually only be covered when you’re on the golf course or your travelling to or from the golf tournament.
Do golf insurance policies impose any standard exclusions?
Yes, most golf insurance policies will have a range of different exclusions you should be aware of. Some of the most common exclusions include:
- Theft of golf equipment from an unlocked building, garage or shed
- Theft of golf equipment from an unlocked vehicle
- Accidents or injuries that occur while under the influence of alcohol
- Liability claims involving an injury that didn’t occur on the golf course.