Money Health Check Calculator
As Northern Ireland continues to battle Covid-19 and a series of fuel, energy and distribution crises, a recent survey showed that 39% of people in NI felt they needed to adjust their way of life in order to cut back and make it easier to cover essential spending.
Our #MoneyHealthCheck Calculator can help you see where savings could be made;
Our savings checklist
1. Check to see if you are eligible for any government schemes that might provide you with additional support – Government Tax-Free Childcare / Child Benefit / Work from Home Tax Relief
2. Check how competitive your suppliers are – gas, electricity, phone, internet.
3. Review all direct debits and cancel any luxuries you can live without – use price comparison websites to shop around especially for insurance essentials like home and car insurance.
4. Explore energy saving tips for your house such as smart meters, draft excluders and energy efficient lighting and order oil in bulk when you can.
5. Some credit card companies stopped accepting new cardholders during the height of the lockdown, but many of them are now returning to the market which means there could be an opportunity for people with good credit histories to transfer their balances to a new 0% APR credit card – just note there is normally a time limit here before the interest rate starts to rise so you need to be careful.
CompareNI.com is Northern Ireland’s largest insurance comparison website, and has helped over 650,000 users compare products from over 200 insurers on everything from personal loans to credit cards, and from car insurance to home insurance.Recommended by 97% of reviewers on Reviews.co.uk.