Money Health Check Calculator
As Northern Ireland continues to battle Covid-19 and a series of fuel, energy and distribution crises, a recent survey showed that 39% of people in NI felt they needed to adjust their way of life in order to cut back and make it easier to cover essential spending.
Our #MoneyHealthCheck Calculator can help you see where savings could be made;
Our savings checklist
1. Check to see if you are eligible for any government schemes that might provide you with additional support – Government Tax-Free Childcare / Child Benefit / Work from Home Tax Relief
2. Check how competitive your suppliers are – gas, electricity, phone, internet.
3. Review all direct debits and cancel any luxuries you can live without – use price comparison websites to shop around especially for insurance essentials like home and car insurance.
4. Explore energy saving tips for your house such as smart meters, draft excluders and energy efficient lighting and order oil in bulk when you can.
5. Some credit card companies stopped accepting new cardholders during the height of the lockdown, but many of them are now returning to the market which means there could be an opportunity for people with good credit histories to transfer their balances to a new 0% APR credit card – just note there is normally a time limit here before the interest rate starts to rise so you need to be careful.
Other payments you could consider adding which might help protect your finances; life insurance, income protection and health insurance.
CompareNI.com is Northern Ireland’s largest insurance comparison website, and has helped over 650,000 users compare products from over 200 insurers on everything from personal loans to credit cards, and from car insurance to home insurance.Recommended by 97% of reviewers on Reviews.co.uk.
- 51% of consumers could save £290.68 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next three cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from November 2021 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.
- **Home: 51% of consumers could save up to £102.62 on their Home Insurance (Building & Contents). The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next six cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from November 2021. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances. 51% of consumers who purchased Home Contents Insurance through this service provided by Seopa Ltd in August 2021 were quoted less than £68.22. The price you could achieve is dependent on your individual circumstances.
- ***Pet: You could pay from £3.01 per month. This policy provides annual cover including the cost of vet fees up to £2,500. Price per month for cover based on a cat, Ron, aged 6, no known medical conditions, neutered, up to date with vaccinations and microchipped.