CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship
As a leading fintech company we’re keen to encourage students that may never have considered a career in financial technology to explore what the sector has to offer…whether or not they end up joining our company after they graduate.
That’s why we’ve specifically designed our Fintech Scholarship for students that are currently studying a subject other than finance or computer science.
The CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship is not open to students currently studying an undergraduate or postgraduate course that is primarily focused on finance or computer science.
Students from all other disciplines, whether it’s law or engineering, the life sciences or the liberal arts, design or humanities, are eligible to apply, provided they are currently enrolled in full-time education at an accredited higher education college or university in Northern Ireland.
If that’s you – read on!
The main aim of our Fintech Scholarship is to encourage students like your good self to research the fintech sector and get excited about everything it has to offer.
With that in mind, the application process involves writing an interesting, insightful blog post about fintech.
It doesn’t have to be long to be interesting – 400 to 500 words should do the trick.
Your article can discuss where you see the fintech sector going, or how it’s disrupting traditional financial services, or how it’s empowering entrepreneurs to access working capital, or how it’s offering access to financial services for the unbanked in third world countries…or any other aspect of fintech that grabs your fancy.
And although we’re the leading insurance comparison platform in Northern Ireland (we launched CompareNI.com in 2009, and were recognised with Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards six years in row) your blog post does not have to be about car insurance, home insurance or price comparison technologies.
If it’s financial and it’s technology it’s allowed, so let your imagination run wild.
Once you’ve written a top-notch piece you should publish it online on the platform of your choosing, whether that’s Medium.com, LinkedIn Pulse or your own blog.
Wherever you decide to publish it, though, make sure it’s published under your own name – pseudonyms just won’t cut the mustard!
How to apply
When you’ve written and published your blog post you can apply for the Fintech Scholarship by emailing email@example.com with a link to your published piece.
One winner will be chosen from Northern Ireland, with the winning student receiving a £1,000 bursary.
The deadline to apply for the Fintech Scholarship is 23:59 on 31st January 2022.
Our Fintech Scholarship will award the successful applicant a £1,000 bursary, which the student can use to cover part of the cost of their studies, such as textbooks, course materials or any other living expenses.
Terms & Conditions
- In order to be eligible to apply for the CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship the applicant must be in full-time higher education in Northern Ireland, and must be able to provide proof of this fact. Please see details above in respect to the application, how to apply and the deadline, all of which also form part of these Terms & Conditions.
- The applicant’s course should not have finance or computer science as its primary field of study.
- The Fintech Scholarship will be awarded by CompareNI.com’s registered company name, Seopa Ltd, with our company’s scholarship panel choosing one winner from Northern Ireland.
- Only one application will be accepted from each student. If a student applies more than once Seopa Ltd’s scholarship panel will consider the application with the earliest time stamp.
- The scholarship panel’s decision is final.
- The successful applicant agrees to Seopa Ltd and its affiliated brands using his or her name, course of study and college or university name in press releases or other publicity materials.
- The copyright of each applicant’s blog post remains with the applicant, but Seopa Ltd reserves the right to share those blog posts via our social media channels, use short excerpts as part of our publicity materials and link to them from our websites.
- By entering into this scholarship process the applicant undertakes and warrants that the blog post has not been previously published, is their own original work and will not infringe intellectual property rights of anyone. The applicant further warrants that the work will not contain any material which is defamatory, private or confidential or which is unlawful in any way. Any application in breach of this clause will be disqualified from being considered by Seopa Ltd’s scholarship panel.
- Seopa Ltd takes no responsibility and is not liable in any way in respect to the content or accuracy of the blog post published by the applicant. The applicant accepts any and all liability arising from the content of their blog post.
- Seopa Ltd does not accept responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the applicant resulting from its application or participation in the CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship.
- Seopa Ltd reserves the right to vary, amend or cancel the CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship. Any changes to the CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship will be posted on www.compareni.com.
- Seopa Ltd is not responsible for contacting or responding to applicants who provide inaccurate or incomplete information or for applications that are lost, misdirected or delayed.
- By applying for the CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship the applicant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the additional details outlined above.
- The CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship is organised by Seopa Ltd, 5th Floor Link Building, Adelaide Exchange, 24-26 Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8GD. If you have any queries regarding the CompareNI.com Fintech Scholarship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.