We’ll float your boat with a really cheap Quote!
Well presented information.
Colchester, United Kingdom
Really good quick quotes for my car insurance and very happy with the result, saved a fortune!
Heriot, United Kingdom
4.78/5 from 2276 customer reviews
Get a great insurance quote for Northern Ireland
Local Comparison site
One simple form
Safe and secure to use
Independent and unbiased service
Caravanette Insurance Northern Ireland
Your caravanette comes with the freedom to travel and explore Northern Ireland and beyond while taking all your home comforts with you. But if you’re looking for caravanette insurance, it could be a time consuming task to find NI insurers who provide this specialist cover.
We can help make this simple so you can get back to the fun stuff. With a few simple details, we match you to insurers with experience providing cover in Northern Ireland. This lets you quickly compare a range of policies and prices to get the right cover to protect you and your caravanette.
Cheap NI Caravanette Insurance
If you’re trying to keep your holidays on a budget, you don’t want your costs to creep up because of insurance. So like with other insurance, the best way to find cheap NI caravanette insurance is to compare prices across a range of insurers.
You can trust that CompareNI.com will only give you transparent and unbiased comparisons. We are regulated by the FCA are not owned by any insurance companies and do not have any investments in insurance brokers, so our customers are our priority.
How much does caravanette insurance cost in Northern Ireland?
Insurance quotes for caravanette cover will be unique to each person, so it’s nearly impossible to give even an average cost. But you can get a better idea of what your insurance will cost by considering the factors that insurers use to calculate premiums, and how they apply to you. These include:
- Your age and driving history (particularly if you have experience driving a motorhome)
- Your location
- Where you keep your caravanette
- How you use your caravanette
- The size, model and value of your caravanette
- If you have access to other vehicles
- Any additional drivers you are adding
- What cover and add ons you choose
- The insurer you choose
- Any modifications made to your caravanette
What coverage do I need on my caravanette insurance?
The coverage you need in your caravanette insurance NI policy will be based mainly on how you use your caravanette, with the main coverage options including:
- Third party insurance – This is the minimum coverage any vehicle needs to legally drive on roads in NI. It covers third party vehicles, property and persons.
- Third party, fire and theft insurance – This covers third parties, theft and damage caused by fire.
- Fully comprehensive – This is the most comprehensive option and will cover all the above as well as you, your passengers and your caravanette.
Extras can be added to your policy to customise the insurance to fit your travel needs. Some of the most popular add ons for caravanette insurance are:
- Breakdown cover – This can be added with roadside assistance so you can get to a garage quickly.
- Legal expenses – Covers legal costs following an accident or incident.
- No claims discount protection – lets you claim without affecting your no claims discount.
- European cover – An important option if you are planning to travel in Europe.
- Personal possession or gadget cover – Covers any expensive or specialist belongings you keep in your caravanette.
How can I get cheaper NI caravanette insurance?
Some of the changes you can make to get a better deal on your insurance might seem insignificant. But these small steps can all add up to get you cheaper NI caravanette insurance. These include:
- Only choosing the coverage you need– This means you won’t overspend on coverage you won’t use.
- Choose experienced drivers – Only insure drivers with good driving histories and who are over 25 when possible.
- Build a no claims discount – This can save you money in the long run.
- Pay the premium annually – If this is an option, you could save on the interest you would be charged for paying monthly.
- Choose higher excess – This can get you cheaper insurance but make sure you are comfortable covering the amounts.
- Compare quotes from various insurers – Compare NI caravanette insurance quotes to make sure you get the best value policy.
- Add extra security – Alarms, trackers, wheel clamps or simply storing your caravanette securely can lower premiums.
- Protect against avoidable claims – Simple things like good vehicle maintenance and regular servicing can prevent avoidable claims and keep down premiums.
What our experts say:
“With a soaring number of holidaymakers continuing to staycation in Northern Ireland and an ever-increasing rate of caravan thefts due to shortages in the market. It’s important caravanners and their families are protected and do these three simple checks before heading off this summer – check the driver’s driving licence, check the vehicle weight and check the insurance policy”. – Ian Wilson, Managing Director at CompareNI.com
Is caravanette insurance a legal requirement in Northern Ireland?
Yes, if you want to drive any vehicle on roads in Northern Ireland you will need a minimum of third party insurance. Penalties for driving without the appropriate insurance include fines, points or even being disqualified from driving.
The exception to this would be if you have SORN (statutory off road notification) your caravanette. In this case, you might not need Northern Ireland caravanette insurance until it is back on the roads.
However, even if your caravanette is SORN it could still be worth having insurance cover. If you still use your caravanette for any purpose during this time, it’s still possible that it could be damaged or involved in an accident or fire while parked up.
Is my caravanette covered under my car or van insurance policy?
Northern Irish caravanette insurance gives you coverage that is specific to caravanettes. And because your caravanette has vastly different features and uses than your car or van, these types of insurance policies can not give you the coverage you need.
Things like running water, cooktops, and fuel like propane can pose high risks and cause damage that you would be responsible for covering yourself if you only had car or van insurance.