Business Development Manager
Job Ref – BDM-22
Working in one of our key business teams, you will be responsible for growing sales volume and revenues for a range of product verticals.You will develop relationships with existing partners as well as identifying and negotiating new partnership arrangements. Activities and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Driving growth in new commercial partnerships and developing existing commercial partnerships through strong working relationships.
- Effectively negotiating commercial and contractual terms.
- Following up on inbound enquiries as well as creating and pursuing new outbound leads and opportunities.
- Keeping on top of relevant trends and changes in the market through your own research and competitor analysis.
- Monitoring, optimising, and improving new business sales processes and partner account performance management processes.
- Providing regular status updates and pipeline forecasts for your new business sales and partner accounts.
- Organising and attending new business and partner meetings where appropriate to support growth.
- Liaising and attending meetings and exhibitions with other company functions e.g. Product Management, IT and Marketing, necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Creating presentation decks, assisting with or conducting presentations, and inputting to other marketing collateral to support partnership acquisition and development.
- Any other additional tasks as required by the business from time to time.
You may be required to attend meetings and/or conferences which could involve some overseas travel (primarily within the UK).
You are a natural forward planner who critically assesses your own performance. You are reliable, tolerant, and determined whilst being credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior company executives. You are an empathic communicator who can see things from the other person’s point of view, and you are a great team player. You are well-presented and business-like with the flexibility to travel a few days per month within the UK as required (dependent on government travel advice during the pandemic situation). You are eager to embrace new experiences, responsibilities, and accountabilities. You are an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, and you can demonstrate previous successes and experiences in attracting new major accounts, managing key accounts and achieving long term profitable partner relationships.
Educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 classification (or equivalent).3 grade ‘B’s or above at A-Level are desirable although not essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a proactive account management or new business development role.
- Proven experience in negotiating and acquiring high value new business is essential.
- Proven track record of managing and maximising the profitability of multiple B2B relationships is essential.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment is essential.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills is essential.
- Excellent skills in MS Office (particularly Excel) is essential.
- Proven ability to self-educate is essential.
- Superb email and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Experience in an IT, e-commerce, fintech or financial services environment would be an advantage.
- An appreciation of web/software development would be advantageous.
- Experience of CRM and Google Analytics would be beneficial.
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK and can identify with and commit to our company values:
We are innovative and strategic We find better ways to do things
We maximise productivity and value for money We minimise waste and duplication
We are one team – diverse, loyal and respectful We welcome new ideas, challenge and change
We are ambitious, positive and driven We celebrate the success of our company and colleagues
We are responsible, trustworthy and dependable We do what we say we will
Join a Transformational Team
This is an excellent time to join our multi-award-winning company as we continue to grow and enjoy success. The right candidate will have an opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic and inclusive working environment with other talented and passionate individuals with the option to work in a hybrid work pattern.
An indigenous company founded in 2003 with branches in Belfast (Head Office) and Timisoara, we are an industry leader in creating and hosting insurance, finance and utility price comparison engines. In addition to providing our software and systems to other companies, we also operate our own insurance comparison brands – Quotezone.co.uk and CompareNI.com.
Used by more than 3 million people per annum, our systems enable insurance providers to secure business within their target markets and empower consumers to easily identify providers who meet their financial product requirements at market leading prices. Our Affinity Partnership arrangements also facilitate other companies to increase the range of services offered (and revenue generated) via their websites.Our products are used by over 400 financial partners in the insurance, finance and utilities industry.
Our success is recognised by a series of awards including six consecutive Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards, a Deloitte EMEA Technology Fast500 award, several prestigious Deloitte Best Managed Companies awards (2017, 2018 & 2019) and a Gold Standard Best Managed Companies award (2020 & 2021).
Seopa offers an excellent remuneration package consisting of a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
- private medical insurance,
- life cover,
- annual pension clinic,
- health cashback plan,
- hybrid working arrangements,
- annual travel card loan,
- additional service-related holidays,
- option to buy additional holidays,
- cycle to work scheme,
- wide-ranging discount reward schemes,
- free access to online training courses,
- paid for company events – including a fully funded Christmas party, company strategy and team building conferences and other social/hosted events during the year.
The company operates a hybrid working policy, where employees have the opportunity to work both from home and from our modern offices at Adelaide Exchange, Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8GD.
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to email@example.com. If you have any queries, simply fill in this form and we will respond as soon as possible.