Associate Business Analyst
Job Ref – ABA-22
Kickstart your career with one of Northern Ireland’s most successful fintech companies!
This is an excellent time to join our award-winning company as we continue to evolve and innovate across the business and grow in new markets in our mission to help the world find better deals.You will have the opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic, and inclusive environment with talented and passionate individuals and the option to work in a hybrid work pattern.
The Associate Business Analyst role is a dynamic position in which you will gain experience in identifying and finding technical solutions to business challenges.You will be involved in existing projects and be given the responsibility to suggest and be involved in new ones.
Tasks are varied – you could be helping business teams to introduce more efficient processes and tooling, writing mapping documents to enable the integration of new comparison system panel members or working with product owners to write requirements to enable the development of Seopa’s latest comparison systems!
You will work closely with various stakeholders within the company, including project managers, product owners, software and quality engineers, as well as external partners such as 3rd party suppliers, consultants and account and integration managers from panel member companies.
At Seopa, we value the contribution each one of our team members makes and so you will be involved in meaningful work that has a demonstrable impact on the business as soon as you’ve completed your onboarding.
Guided and mentored by experienced team members, you will be empowered to quickly take on more responsibility as you gain experience and build up your skills.Tasks you will be involve in may include, but won’t be limited to:
Identifying Solutions to Business Problems:
- Helping stakeholders to identify improvements for existing processes, products, and software.
- Working with others to efficiently escalate and resolve technical operational issues.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of selected system performance KPIs.
- Conducting research into direct competitor activities and those in similar industries and presenting your findings, with recommendations, to the product owner and other stakeholders to ensure Seopa’s products continue to be ahead of the competition.
- Finding off the shelf tooling and systems that can be used to automate, simplify, or otherwise enhance business processes and product performance.
Requirements and Documentation:
- Creating easily understood and comprehensive business requirements, diagrams, wireframes, and mock-ups to facilitate easily understood communication with key stakeholders.
- Writing user stories with acceptance criteria to enable developers to create product upgrades, feature enhancements and new products.
- Producing and maintaining clear and up to date documentation relating to projects, products, and features to enable the efficient running of the company systems.
Data Mapping and Partner Integrations:
- Creating data mapping documents to enable the precise integration of 3rd party companies on Seopa’s price comparison systems.
- Working with stakeholders from Seopa’s technical department to successfully onboard new comparison members.
Presenting your Findings:
- Conducting and utilising cost/benefit analyses in order to demonstrate commercial advantages to your recommendations.
- Participating in meetings with internal and external stakeholders to present issues and proposed solutions to problems or challenges.
- Honours Degree in a computing, science, technology, engineering, mathematical or business-related discipline (minimum 2:1, or predicted minimum 2:1 upon graduation) ideally with some coding or programming experience.
- 3 grade ‘B’s or above at A-Level are desirable, although not essential.
- Experience in an IT, software development, e-commerce, fintech or financial services environment is desirable, potentially as part of a placement year.
- Whilst you will not have to write software as part of this role, experience in writing basic code, creating websites and/or a general appreciation of web/software development would be advantageous.
- Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills,
- Excellent skills in MS Office (particularly Excel),
- Ability to manage projects successfully against tight deadlines,
- Ability to work as part of a team,
- Ability to multi-task,
- Ability to self-educate yourself where required,
- An understanding of agile, scrum, sprint and waterfall methodologies would be advantageous.
- Experience in Balsamiq, Figma, JIRA, A-HA or equivalent packages would be beneficial.
- Good interpersonal skills,
- Articulate, ambitious, enthusiastic and responsible
- Logical, process driven thinker with attention to detail,
- Self-motivated and able to use your initiative where possible,
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK,
- Can identify with and adhere to our company values – Smart, Efficient, Open, Passionate and Accountable.
Seopa offers an excellent remuneration package consisting of a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include:
- private medical insurance,
- life cover,
- annual pension clinic,
- health cashback plan,
- hybrid working arrangements,
- annual travel card loan,
- additional service-related holidays,
- option to buy additional holidays,
- cycle to work scheme,
- wide-ranging discount reward schemes,
- free access to online training courses,
- paid for company events – including a fully funded Christmas party, company strategy and team building conferences and other social/hosted events during the year.
The company operates a hybrid working policy, where employees have the opportunity to work both from home and from our modern offices at Adelaide Exchange, Adelaide Street, Belfast, BT2 8GD.
Founded in 2003 with branches in Belfast (Head Office) and Timisoara, we are an industry leader in creating and hosting insurance, finance and utility price comparison engines. In addition to providing our software and systems to other companies, we also operate our own insurance comparison brands – Quotezone.co.uk and CompareNI.com.
Used by more than 3 million people each year, our systems enable insurance and utility providers to secure business within their target markets and empower consumers to easily identify providers who meet their financial product requirements at market-leading prices. Our Affinity Partnerships enable other companies to offer additional financial services on their websites and increase their revenues. Our products are used by over 400 financial partners in the insurance, finance and utilities industry.Our success is recognised by a series of awards including six consecutive Deloitte Technology Fast 50 awards, a Deloitte EMEA Technology Fast500 award, several prestigious Deloitte Best Managed Companies awards (2017, 2018 & 2019) and Gold Standard Best Managed Companies award status (2020 & 2021).
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK and can identify with and commit to our company values:
We are innovative and strategic We find better ways to do things
We maximise productivity and value for money We minimise waste and duplication
We are one team – diverse, loyal and respectful We welcome new ideas, challenge and change
We are ambitious, positive and driven We celebrate the success of our company and colleagues
We are responsible, trustworthy and dependable We do what we say we will
To apply for this position, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any queries, simply fill in this form and we will respond as soon as possible.